I feel like we are two little bees
dancing around a flower
that we think might be poisonous
and so I say, "You go" and you say,
"You go" and we both go together
and suddenly we are dusty with pollen
our abdomens swollen
our chalklines misshapen
into one blob, so that you can't really tell
where one arm ends and the other's leg
begins.
And that's what we are doing,
we are beginning, like kindergartners
to discover our favorites.
What is your favorite mood swing?
Mine is the one where you are laughing
and then suddenly you look at me
and you are deeply serious in your soul
and so afraid and so captivated
that I can't help but smile mischievously
and smirk at your incontinence.
I think yours are my sounds I make,
like a manatee would if it were groping
on dry land,
at every bad or good or weird part in a movie.
I like that I can't remember you are lactose intolerant
and so consistently offer you milk products
which you decline politely, every time.
I like that you keep hitting me.
I like that we are unfinished, like a Sappho fragment,
and only we, who write ourselves into each other's lines
every night, know what those hidden parts mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment