piecing together bits of my pasts
and pieces of my selves and all
of these come crawling back to me
but I don't remember any of them.
I just get headaches on extra-tired
nights, and don't sleep because
I feel there are more important
things to be done. How did we do
this? How did we make it? How
did we suddenly up end as a great
love story, maybe the greatest
I have ever written and I have
written many in my head. I will
somehow try to not ever make
sense of any of it and leave it
that way until sun sets and I can
write about it again, in metaphor
and simile because I can't think
in anything else and you told me
that. You told me all of these
words and they somehow all
make sense and they are all
right and all are keeping me
going right now, when there
is something tough in my brain,
that won't go away, that won't
go away, that won't go away.
And I don't want to sleep
because there are more im-
portant things that need saying
and all of these things and all
of my selves and all of my pasts
I think are screaming at me
in these insomniac forays
to listen and write them
but don't listen and live them.
No comments:
Post a Comment