Friday, October 19, 2012

Note to Self

I gotta believe I'm something like a writer
something like you've seen in books
only now I'm much lighter than I used to be
I shed a few pounds of emotions that were new to me
I listened when I finally said to myself, "Who do you wanna be?"

I dream a lot about this future me,
how he's somewhere happy and content being me
I find him in garden pulling weeds
tracking weeks like it's nothing to see
and days become shorter and longer
without a care or thought of "To be..."

Could he live my life more genuinely?
Be more focused, more vicious,
more honest, more ME?
Am I playing this version
stiff and classically
when I could be more vulnerable
more open, more Me?



My jaw is tense,
my eyes won't wet
my ears are ringing
and my song is off-key -

It's no wonder
no one
is listening
to me.

No comments: