from the iconic midwest circus shows.
I leave the light on every time
because it's colder in the sunwashed snow.
I can't believe you left me
all tied up in this mess.
But I believe that somewhere
exists a leaving-place for rest.
If you believe in iron dreams
blowing you apart at your denim seams,
then keep me in your phonebook,
and I will make you take a good long look
at the people you have known and lost
that cover you in webs of loss.
They seldom hear your front-door screams
but I can let the warm air in.
If you were more than just a liar
that crept upon the midnight air,
I'd sling up my guitar and listen
to the streams that grace your willow hair.
But I'm a traveler out of touch
and you don't understand me much
so I'm off to draw you in the stars
and constellate the passing cars
into reflections of your moonlit soul
that made me stop my journey home.
Now I see you, from time to time
Watching the rolling route number signs
and I am still in love with how
you sparkle and dance to a cricket's sound.
Your image keeps the road a blur,
the tears become so insular,
And even though I couldn't come through
I am never far from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment